This website is for informational only. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information found here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from your doctor or ongoing medical treatment you currently receive. Consult with your doctor before using medical cannabis.
With the increase in popularity of electronic cigarettes and vaping in Australia and worldwide, it does not come as a surprise that CBD and cannabinoids have also adopted this convenient form. Originally, smoking cannabis in a joint form are like traditional cigarettes but now that traditional cigarettes have been replaced by modern electronic cigarettes, CBDs have also followed suit.
What are electronic cigarettes? What is a vape?
Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are electronic nicotine delivery systems, which means they do the actual process of smoking electronically and they are used the same way just as the conventional cigarettes. It comes in a handheld contraption that electronically heats up liquid or vape juice and it produces a vapor or aerosol to be inhaled and exhaled by the user. E-cigarettes or vape pens are sold in different shapes, sizes, colors, themes, and even styles while the e-liquid or vape juice is sold in a wide array of flavors and scents to suit the user’s own personal preferences, making vaping a more personalized and more enjoyable habit compared to the traditional cigarettes.
The actual process and action is popularly referred to as vaping and most users of e-cigarettes are previous smokers looking to quit the habit or to shift to a non-nicotine containing option. As the laws and restrictions on smoking has been modified to include vape and e-cigarettes in most parts of the world, more users still prefer vape since it is free from the distinct smell of cigarettes, it is cheaper than smoking cigarettes in some cases, and it mimics the actual act of smoking but with less or no damage at all to the user’s health.
What is a CBD vape?
With the wide popularity of the convenience of vaping and the highly adaptable properties of CBDs or cannabinoids, it is only fitting that CBD vape is made available in the market.
CBD vape is a form of e-liquid or vape juice which contains a significant amount of CBD oil. It is made to be compatible with vape pens or electronic cigarettes and to be used just like any other vape juice or e-liquid. Other common names for CBD vape are CBD oil, CBD vape oil, CBD e-liquid, and CBD oil cartridges.
How are CBD vape oils made?
As CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant through the CO2 extraction process. The harvested CBD oils are to be filtered to be able to achieve the desired output. For example, for CBD isolate or pure CBD oils the extract is to be further filtered and processed to get rid of the other cannabinoid compounds, such as terpenes, flavonoids, and other plant parts.
After getting the needed CBDs compound, vape producers then add in vegetable glycerin or VG to make the mixture compatible for vaporizing devices such as e-cigarettes and vape pens. The amount of CBD can be modified, specific flavors and scents can be added, and other vape producers can even add in other substances to further enhance the appeal of CBD vape to the mass consumers.
Are all CBD oils the same?
While all CBD vape oils may come in various CBD content, CBD classification, flavor, and scent, CBD oils, in general, can mean different things.
There are CBD oils for vaping and there are also CBD oils which are meant to be taken orally. Since both types involve oils, these oils were specifically made to be absorbed by the body through distinct routes. Oral CBD oil, often referred to as tinctures, is formulated to be taken sublingually, through placing the oil directly under the tongue where it is to be rapidly absorbed by the sublingual glands. CBD vape oils, however, are formulated to be heated and turned into vapor. It is processed to enter the human body through the inhaled aerosol which is then absorbed into the bloodstream through the respiratory system, specifically through the lungs and its different lobes.
Any unfortunate accidental confusion between the administration of the two CBD oils might lead to serious physical conditions. It is always best to check the label right before purchasing CBD oil to get a clearer understanding of how to use it correctly. When it doubt as to what the CBD oil is for, contact the supplier or the manufacturer immediately.
Since vaping or electronic cigarettes are categorically a new market, there is still minimal regulation or monitoring when it comes to manufacturing vape pens, vaporizers, and vape juice. The same goes for CBD vape oils as well, as it is presently making itself known and accepted, there are many sellers claiming to only produce high-quality CBD vape oils or the latest technology when it comes to vape pens. To guard yourself against these misleading products and to help you recognize authentic vape products, here are a couple of tips you should know:
- Check the CBD oil content. As always, being able to know the amount of CBD present in the vape juice is important for you to also be mindful of the dosage you get to take per day or per vape container. Take note that some manufacturers only place the CBD oil content in milligrams, not the actual CBD content. CBD oils are a mixture of the CBD extracted, vegetable glycerin, and other additives.
- Always inspect the ingredients. Not all CBD vape oils are created the same, especially as other brands mix in flavours and scents to suit the consumer’s preferences. Other manufacturers add in propylene glycol to thin out the CBD vape oil and make more manageable for the vape pen to drain. However, propylene glycol has been proven to be potentially hazardous as its vapour transforms into forming compounds with formaldehyde upon reaching temperatures of 230 degrees Celsius or higher. To be on the safe side, always opt for CBD vape juices with vegetable glycerin and avoid those with propylene glycol.
- Get to know more about the manufacturers. Read and research more about the CBD manufacturers and their processes to get a better idea of the quality of their products. Reputable and established companies always promote transparency through hiring third-party testing laboratories. Results and findings from these tests are published and shared freely to consumers to help make an educated choice when it comes to CBD oils and vape products. Do not be deceived by online sellers bombarding consumers with doubtful claims or never-ending promotions which seem to distract more than attract buyers to the product. Always focus on the product’s quality and the manufacturer’s reputation in the industry and in the market.
Where can I buy CBD Oil?
The Australian government introduced legislation to decriminalise the use and sale of medical cannabis in 2016.
There are currently 2 methods that Australians use to access medical cannabis in Australia:
- Government approved legal pathways
- Controversial purchase from online retailers without a valid prescription
Visit our page on where to buy cbd oil in Australia
Accessing Medical Cannabis
There are 2 methods that Australians use to access medical cannabis.
1. Legal Government Approved Pathways
2. Controversial Purchase from Online Stores Without A Valid Prescription
New to Medical Cannabis and CBD?
Explore Our Beginner's Guide to CBD Today
Our mission is to educate and inform the Australian community about Medical Cannabis and Cannabidiol (CBD) products, so they are equipped with the correct information about the different types, products, dosages to make the right buying decisions for themselves or whom they care for. Learn more