This website is for informational only. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information found here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from your doctor or ongoing medical treatment you currently receive. Consult with your doctor before using medical cannabis.
As the most convenient and the most accessible form of cannabidiol, CBD capsules are widely used due to its accurate dosage content and its ease in use and transport. With the increasing popularity of cannabidiol for its various medicinal benefits, CBD capsules are proving to also be rising in popularity amongst all other forms of CBDs.
What are CBD capsules?
Capsules have been around for decades and encapsulating medication in both its solid and liquid forms have proven to be effective and convenient. As the term suggests, capsules are made up of two caps which are made from derived animal proteins or gels that can easily be digested once taken orally. Encapsulated inside these small tubes is the medication itself, be it in solid powdered form or in liquid form. Capsules are to be taken orally along with a glass of water for easy swallowing and digestion.
CBD capsules contain cannabidiol compounds that are formulated to be taken orally, encapsulated inside the same animal protein derived edible cases. Inside the capsules, the dosage may vary from 10, 25, 50, 100, and up to 250 milligrams of CBD, as it is commonly available in the market at present time.
Of all the different forms and routes of administration available for CBDs, capsules prove to be the most accurate in terms of dosage calculation. Since CBD content in each capsule is measured to contain the exact milligram as it is labeled, keeping track of how much has been ingested over the day or even for the week is possible. Unlike in CBD oils, topicals, and sprays, CBD capsules allow for high accuracy dosage monitoring, which means no risk of taking in too little or taking in too much CBD other than what is targeted.
How are CBD capsules taken?
Since CBD capsules are generally considered safe and natural, the capsules can be taken with or without food without experiencing any adverse effects either way. According to new research, taking CBD capsules with a fat source such as milk, yogurt, and nuts, may aid for better absorption especially as it reaches the small intestines. However, as with any other tablet or capsule, always be careful as these oral medications are still choking hazards so make sure to take it with a glass of water to allow for smoother administration.
What are the benefits of CBD capsules?
In contrast with other CBD medications, CBD in its capsule form holds many advantages in terms of its efficiency, convenience, and even in its storage capabilities. The various benefits of CBD capsules include:
- Accuracy. Especially for those patients and users looking to closely monitor their CBD intake, dosages can be precisely counted through CBD capsules. Other forms such as oils, vapor, and even sprays, can be hard to estimate in terms of the exact amount of CBDs administered. With capsules, the correct dosage is always taken and it is all sure to be absorbed within the body.
- Convenience. CBD capsules are the easiest to take, as the capsules can be swallowed whole just like any other multivitamins or supplements. These can be incorporated into any person’s daily diet, no need to modify meal plans or to shift the diet regime.
- Portability. No need for extra contraptions or for messy liquids, CBD capsules are easy to travel with as they take up so little space and they aren’t as fussy to take in public places like sprays and vapes. The capsules are considered shelf stable, which means there is no need to worry about leaking liquids or breaking glass bottles when CBD capsules are stocked and stored for long periods of time.
- Tasteless and Odorless. Capsules are free from the grass-like scent or plant-like taste CBD has been known for. It is ideal for newcomers as well as those who are sensitive to distinct scents and tastes when it come to oral medication.
What to consider when choosing the best CBD capsules?
Always check the main source
Since CBD products are from the cannabis plant, make sure to always know where the CBD has been sourced. With the plant itself being extracted for the CBD compounds, any harmful substances or toxins surrounding the plant’s environment can surely be absorbed by the plant itself. Pesticides, heavy metals, radiation, and even toxins in the watering of the plant - these can all accumulate inside the cannabis plant and ruin the purity of any extracts harvested. To get the best quality of pure CBD, the hemp must be planted in organic soil that is free from toxins and its surrounding environment must be toxic-free as well.
Learn the processing method used
When producing CBD, the extraction process can be done with the use of CO2 or with the use of butane and petroleum. Solvent extractions using butane and petroleum could possibly leave residues which can interfere with the purity of the extracted CBD. Some producers, however, opt for solvent extraction because it costs less compared to the other process. On the other hand, CO2 extraction method uses CO2, an organic compound that makes for higher quality output of pure CBD. Though the CO2 extraction method costs more than solvent extraction, keep in mind that the purest form of CBD can only be harvested through the CO2 extraction process.
Ask for third-party laboratory testing and evaluation results
Due to the lack of regulation of CBs at the present time, reputable manufacturers are responsible for getting their own CBD products tested and evaluated by third-party laboratories that specialise in the field. If their products are of the highest quality and all claims they have about the product is true, results and findings from the lab tests are shared to retailers and consumers for transparency.
Research on the manufacturer’s track record
When in doubt of a new product or brand, ask around about its effectivity from your local supplier or regional shops. Look up user reviews and discussions regarding the brand and the specific product. Most reputable manufacturers always have great product reviews online as well as excellent customer service, which makes it easier for consumers to trust the products as well as the brand.
Where can I buy CBD Oil?
The Australian government introduced legislation to decriminalise the use and sale of medical cannabis in 2016.
There are currently 2 methods that Australians use to access medical cannabis in Australia:
- Government approved legal pathways
- Controversial purchase from online retailers without a valid prescription
Visit our page on where to buy cbd oil in Australia
Accessing Medical Cannabis
There are 2 methods that Australians use to access medical cannabis.
1. Legal Government Approved Pathways
2. Controversial Purchase from Online Stores Without A Valid Prescription
New to Medical Cannabis and CBD?
Explore Our Beginner's Guide to CBD Today
Our mission is to educate and inform the Australian community about Medical Cannabis and Cannabidiol (CBD) products, so they are equipped with the correct information about the different types, products, dosages to make the right buying decisions for themselves or whom they care for. Learn more